East Nashville Accident Results Vehicle Crashing into House
A recent accident in east Nashville involved a motor vehicle colliding with a home. An individual who lived at the house reported hearing a large crash when the accident occurred. Due to this collision, there was large hole left in the house. The exact causes leading to the crash are not yet known. As a result of the accident, several individuals were taken to a nearby medical facility. The driver who was involved in the accident was later charged with child endangerment, child neglect, leaving the scene of the accident, reckless driving, and driving with a suspended license.
Common Causes of Motor Vehicles Crashing into Homes
In a large number of cases, accidents involving cars that crash into homes occur either late at night or in the early hours of the morning. There are several common causes of accidents involving motor vehicles that collide into an individual’s house, including the following:
- Distracted motor vehicle drivers;
- Drivers who experience sudden medical emergencies;
- Fatigued drivers and drivers who fall asleep at the wheel;
- Inexperienced drivers who cannot properly operate a motor vehicle;
- Motor vehicle drivers who operate a vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Tire blowouts while a vehicle is traveling at a high rate of speed;
- Vehicles that experience mechanical failures.
Steps to Take After a Serious Accident
For individuals who have been involved in a serious motor vehicle accident, there are several critical steps that should be taken, which include the following:
- Get prompt medical attention. Steps should be taken to seek medical attention for any injuries that might have been caused by the accident.
- Save evidence. Collect evidence about how the crash occurred and exactly what type of accidents resulted.
- Photograph property damage. Take photographs of any property damage caused by the vehicle crashing into a house.
- File a police report. File and obtain a copy of the report made by law enforcement regarding the accident.
- Detail emotional distress. Maintain records of any emotional distress experienced by the accident.
- Maintain medical records. Keep adequate medical records for any injuries that resulted from the accident.
- Save repair quotes. Obtain detailed records and quotes about any repairs regarding the property damage.
Obtain the Assistance of a Skilled Tennessee Accident Attorney
Cars crashing into homes occur more often than many individuals believe. For individuals who have been injured in an accident involving a motor vehicle that has collided with a building, the legal counsel at Calhoun Law PLC in Tennessee can help make sure the case resolves in the best possible manner. Because these accidents can be sudden and catastrophic in nature, individuals are often left confused about how to respond. Contact our firm today to receive the compensation that you deserve for injuries or property damage caused by this type of accident.