Nashville Car Accident Attorney
Nashville Auto & Motor Vehicle Accidents
Car collisions are one of the main causes of catastrophic injuries and fatalities. Every year there are 2.3 million serious injuries and over 30,000 fatalities caused by auto collisions. The Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that up to 40 percent of all traffic fatalities could easily be prevented if drivers took more precaution and responsibility. It is easy to see that that percentage could be even higher when the following statistics are taken into account:
- 31 percent of all traffic fatalities are caused by drivers with illegal blood alcohol contents (BACs)
- 5 percent of all traffic fatalities are caused by drowsy drivers or drivers who fall asleep at the wheel
- 40 percent of all traffic collisions involve the operation of cell phones by the driver of at least on vehicle
- Texting while driving is six times more dangerous than driving while drunk, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Severe Injuries Following Car Accidents in Nashville Require Legal Action
After a car accident, it is vital to first seek medical attention for your injuries and then contact an experienced Nashville car accident attorney for legal advice. Some of the more common severe injuries following car collisions include spinal cord damage, fractured bones, torn ACL tendons, and traumatic brain injuries, which can be the most life-altering as well as lethal injuries sustained. Many of these types of injuries result in incredibly long recovery periods or even permanent disability. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident, you may be able to be compensated for your damages. The cost of replacing your car may in fact be the smallest and least of your concerns if you have suffered a serious injury. Medical bills, lost wages from not being able to work, and pain and suffering can add up to a significant sums of money. If you were not at fault in the accident, you deserve to be compensated so that you have the best chances of returning to full financial and physical health. The party that caused your injury is liable for providing these crucial compensatory funds for your recovery and well-being.
Take Action Immediately Following an Auto Collision
By following a few simple guidelines, you can help prove negligence by collecting important evidence. All road users have a responsibility to act with a duty of care, meaning that they must never put the lives of others at undue risk. By failing to uphold this duty, they can be deemed negligent, meaning at fault, and therefore become liable to cover the costs of damages you sustained. Whether the negligent act was speeding, swerving, falling asleep at the wheel, or changing lanes too aggressively, their failure to uphold their duty to act with care put you or your loved on in the emergency room. Proving negligence is the most important step in being compensated for your injuries. You can take action to help your Nashville auto accident attorney prove negligence after a car crash:
- Contact the police immediately and give your detailed account of the accident to them
- Make sure the police enter your account into the official accident report
- Gather witness testimony and contact information; unfortunately it is important that you take this into your own hands and not solely rely on the police to carry this out
- Take photographs of your injuries, the crash scene, property damage, and anything else that you deem important that could later be used by your attorney
- Seek medical attention and have an honest discourse with your healthcare provider, as all matters discussed with them will be used as evidence in your case
Immediately after an accident, it is important to consult with an experienced Nashville car accident attorney who can investigate your case, identify all responsible parties, and aggressively pursue your right to compensation. At Calhoun Law, PLC in Nashville, Tennessee, our legal team is capable of handling even the most complex auto accident claims and can aggressively protect your rights and interests.
Investigations After a Car Wreck or Collision
Immediately after an accident, it is important that an independent investigation is initiated for all victims. Our priority is to help you maximize compensation for your injuries, so that you can begin to heal and move forward after an accident. You may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, long-term care needs, and any other losses you have sustained.
Our Nashville car accident attorneys are experienced with cases involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Fender benders
- Car wrecks
- Highway collisions
- Defective automobile parts
- High-speed accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle & pedestrian accidents
- Wrongful death
- Property damage
Expert Resources. Aggressive, Professional Representation for Nashville Car Accidents
We work hard in the evidence collection process to ensure that your case is strong from the outset. We will review physical evidence, contact witnesses, consult with experts and use our resources to build your case. Our firm works with experts, including accident reconstructionists, independent medical examiners, life planning professionals and accountants who can assist in valuing your injuries and damages. We also have advanced resources and technologies to research your claim and build the most compelling case on your behalf. While we will seek to settle out of court, leveraging the strength of your case, we are also prepared to take any case to trial to achieve a desired outcome.
Call now at 615-250-8000 for a free consultation or contact us by e-mail to speak directly with an experienced Nashville car accident injury attorney.